Monday, July 15, 2013

Aftermath

So I thought I wouldn't want to touch my bike for weeks after the trip was over. But here I am already riding around campus and wondering when I can go on my next bike ride! Although some things about the trip I didn't like, I am very pleased with the results I see in my body. Overall, it accomplished the goals I was trying to reach -learn to love my bike, gain confidence in road riding, and make cycling into a lifetime hobby, not just a seasonal commitment for Little 5. The trip really was awesome; I made incredible new friends, I saw beautiful scenery, I traveled the country using my own two legs and my own power and that feels pretty good. I won't be going on deCycles again, but maybe I'll send a letter or two in the future to encourage those still addicted to the journey and the madness.
I guess that about sums it up. Below is a picture from our mini celebration last night. I'll be putting all the pictures from the trip, including the ones from the blog, up on my Facebook so keep an eye out.

Love,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment